It happened again this year. And what we mean is that the outstanding Welcome Tote project was executed again. Recall, that in 2016, the project was brought back to life after a 5 year hiatus. We were able to offer exclusive access to Liberty Village restaurants, retailers and some services the opportunity to put their name and offers directly at the residents’ fingertips. Working extremely closely with the Liberty Village Residents Association, we gained access to many of the door handles or concierge desks of the condos. This is key as many condo boards do not accept any sort of initiative such as this into the buildings and everything is sent straight to the mail room.
Welcome Tote by the Numbers:
- 6000 – the total number of tote bags being put together and distributed
- 34 – the number of participating vendors
- 38 – the total number of inserts / items going into each tote bag (the Loblaws four drink pack counted as “1”)
- 228,000 – the total amount of inserts / items our team will be handling
- 40 – the aprox number of inserters, handlers and staff that will be involved with the project
- 3 – the days being used for all preparation
- 2 – the days being set aside for distribution to the residents
- $820 – the estimated value of each tote bag
A huge thank you to all of the participating vendors and big shoutout to Meridian Credit Union who sponsored a large part of the bag. And we also thought it was suiting to make the bags red to reflect the Canada 150 celebration (also, it is coincidentally one of our branding colors!).