Thank you LVBIA Board of Management 2014-2018
A big thank you to the Directors who served on the Liberty Village BIA Board of Management from 2014-2018. It goes without saying your contributions in your respective roles and committees helped to make Liberty Village the dynamic, thriving, creative tech hub it is today.
A special thanks to the Chair, Vice-Chair, Secretary and Treasurer. In addition to the Committee Chairs.
We are happy to welcome back returning Directors, Julie Kaye, Connie De La Vega, Marco De’Elle, Chris Wilkins and Libby Garg.
Memorable initiatives Chaired by a member of the Board of Management:
Animated Public Realm (APR)
Ambassador, Recruitment & Expansion
- Has two diverse mandates; First to engage those business owners, employees and property owners of Liberty Village to participate in the BIA and build a strong base for the committees and the Board under the recruitment banner. Second is the actual Boundary Expansion of the BIA to better reflect the growing nature of Liberty Village and to encompass those businesses and properties in that area.
- Responsible for the internal and external promotion and branding of Liberty Village and the BIA.
- New branding tagline: Connect, Create, Innovate
- New banners along Liberty St and Dufferin St
- Social media: Instagram, Twitter & Facebook
Retail & Restaurant
- Working in partnership with the LV Residents Association, several thousand “Welcome Totes” were delivered by BIA teams to residential units that contained coupons, samplers, flyers and postcards of over 30 retail / restaurant businesses.
- Passport to Savings Program filled with discounts to local retailers, delivered to 10,000 to local residents, businesses and surrounding community.
- Discounted Metropasses for members (No longer available as of December 2018)