What is it?
An accompanied walk offered by St. Felix Centre staff. Interested individuals can have someone accompany them from 1 of 5 identified pick-up locations to 1 of 5 drop-off locations. Please note that this is a pilot project and ongoing improvements will be made based on user needs.
When is the Community Walk available?
The Community Walk will run from Monday-Friday from 4pm to 9pm. The Community Walk is set to run from August 26th to October 31st as a pilot project.
What are the pick-up locations?
- The Carpet Factory East facing entrance closest to King St (67 Mowat Ave)
- The entrance to Achievers (190 Liberty St)
- The entrance to The Fueling Station (147 Liberty St)
- The entrance to Cossette (32 Atlantic Ave)
- The entrance to Liberty Social (117 Jefferson St)
Who is it for?
Anyone working or living in the Liberty Village community.
How can you use it?
- Interested LV individuals can text St Felix Centre’s Community Walk line at 647-674-2039 on the day of the desired walk between the times of 10:00am – 2:00pm. You will receive confirmation for your walk by 3:00pm.
- For scheduling purposes please text us with the following information: Pick-up location, drop-off location, desired time of pick-up
What can you expect from this walk?
- Possible delays in pick up from 10-30 minutes depending on demand. We will do our best to be at the pick-up locations in a timely manner, however, we have limited staff and cannot guarantee instant service
- Possible delays during the walk due to unforeseen circumstances
- Group walks. In cases where several individuals from one area ask for community walks in a close time block, these individuals will receive a walk all together
- The chance to learn about St Felix Centre and homelessness in Toronto
For questions, concerns, or feedback, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org