The Liberty Village BIA will be presenting its Liberty Talks Speakers’ Series featuring Terry O’Reilly.
In a world where most advertisers don’t have huge budgets to trounce the competition, where small advertisers are up against deeper pockets, and where not–for–profit communicators struggle to make an impact, there is a way to gain remarkable returns.
Our Liberty Talks Speakers’ Series, “Don’t Outspend them; Outsmart Them” was an amazing success! On Thursday, March 8 at 4:30 to 7:30 pm at The Avenue at the Bakery (York Heritage Properties), 2 Fraser Street in Liberty Village, we welcomed over 200 guests to enjoy an inspiring marketing presentation by Terry O’Reilly.
About Terry O’Reilly
Terry is a Canadian broadcast producer and personality, best known as host of the CBC Radio One series, “O’Reilly on Advertising”, “The Age of Persuasion”, and most recently “Under the Influence”.
The Event, “Don’t Outspend them; Outsmart Them”
The event began with a networking session from 4:30-5:30pm.
Our event sponsor, Beanfield Metroconnect, provided the drinks .
Catering by Maizal provided plenty of food from a Charcuterie Board, to Potato Tacos, Pork Sopecitos and Jam Cookies.
Terry presented from 5:30 – 6:45 pm, with a Q&A session that would follow.
Terry O’Reilly’s 10 Words of Wisdom
- “Don’t default to conventional messages and clichés”
- “When someone tells you that’s the way we do it around here, that’s called The Death of Marketing”
- “Always zig when everyone else zags”
- “The solution is always hiding inside the obstacle”
- “Break the rules creatively”
- “Think outside the confines of your category – think like a marketer”
- “Creativity loves constraint, but solutions are born from hunches.”
- “Find meaning behind the facts and use creativity to fuel the idea”
- “Make people feel your messages, not just understand them”
- “Don’t spend money, spend creativity”
Also, thank you to York Heritage Properties for donating the space for the evening.
Stay tuned for our next Liberty Talks Speakers’ Series and more networking events!